Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sweet sweet donut

So it's Thursday and this is my last day of work for the week. We are heading out to Vancouver tomorrow for a wedding so I get to enjoy a nice 3 day weekend. Work has been slow as I'm in a course this week and next and its very very dry. I'm not too worried about the weekend foodwise as we did quite well in April when we were there and aside from some food being put out at the wedding and possibly cake, we'll end up just wandering around Vancouver killing time until the ceremony so its all good.

I did jump on the scale today though just out of curiousity and it read 195.5lbs which would be a full 2.5lbs drop from last Friday. I'm not buying this weight as it could just be dehydration or something odd happening, so I'll do my normal weigh in tomorrow and see where I stand. The reason I don't buy it is because I haven't been entirely good this week. I guess for the most part I have but it seems like I've been munching constantly, mostly on grapes and stuff like that, but also on Mini Crispies, crackers and unbelievably, donuts!

Donuts! What the Hell am I thinking? We were sitting there last night after dinner and Red's having cravings. Seems she's had donuts on her mind for a while now (which is weird because she doesn't usually eat them), which leads me to direct her to other snacks we have in the house currently: partially eaten frozen chocolate easter bunny, chocolately Fibre1 bars, fudge she bought a while back, crackers, ice cream and Drumsticks. Nope, nothing seems to work for her although she thanked me for trying to dissuade her. Me, being understanding of cravings and also in a munching mood, suggest we wander over to the Tim Hortons and see what they might have donut wise hoping that at this time of the evening their selection might be poor.

So we head out and walk around the block to the store and lo and behold, they have a nice selection ready. Super. Now I've been wanting donuts too and in this course I'm taking, its catered so there's a selection of baked goods available all day which I've been trying to avoid. I finally broke down yesterday and had a cookie, today was an apple danish, so we ended up buying a 10 pack of Timbits, some type of cream filled donut for her and a double chocolate for me. Again, what the Hell am I thinking!?!

But you know what? I liked it. It was a fantastic donut. But I think I'm done now. And from what I saw on the scale this morning, it didn't hurt me. So maybe I can lighten up a bit? I just wish I could stop munching. Fortunately, most of my munching has been on fruits and crackers, but it would be much better if I just stopped. But we all know that isn't going to happen. At least I'm hitting the gym.

Will try and post quickly tomorrow morning to report this week's official weigh in.

No comments: